Enter the number of deaths and the total population into the Crude Death Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Crude Death Rate.
Crude Death Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Crude Death Rate.
CRUDE = D / P
- Where CRUDE is the Crude Death Rate (deaths/population)
- #D is the number of deaths
- P is the total population
To calculate the crude death rate, divide the number of deaths by the total population.
How to Calculate Crude Death Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Crude Death Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the number of deaths.
- The number of deaths is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the total population.
- The total population is provided as: 1,000.
- Finally, calculate the Crude Death Rate using the equation above:
CRUDE = #D / P
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
CRUDE = 5 / 1000 = .005 (deaths/population)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
number of deaths = 6
total population = 500
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
CRUDE = #D / P = ?