Enter any total quantity and the number of events or cases into the calculator to determine the rate per 1000.
Rate Per 1000 Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a rate per 1000.
RPO = E/P*1000
- Where RPO is the rate per one thousand
- E is the number of events/occurrence/etc from the total quantity
- P is the total quantity
Rate Per 1000 Definition
A rate per 1000 is typically used to describe the total number of events or cases that occur in a population per 1000 people. This can be applied to any data set of numbers though, like the rate of defects per 1000 manufactured goods and so on.
Rate Per 1000 Example
How to calculate rate per 1000?
- First, determine the total population or data size.
Measure or calculate the total population or data set size.
- Next, determine the number of occurrences in that data.
Calculate the number of occurrences/failures/ect. in the population/data.
- Finally, calculate the rate per 1000.
Calculate the rate per 1000 using the formula above.
Rate per 1000 is a measure of the number of occurrences of a specific event per 1000 units of a data set.