Enter the total non-interest expenses and the total amount of revenue generated from a good. The calculator will evaluate the efficiency ratio of the good or service.
- Dividend Payout Ratio Calculator
- Cash Ratio Calculator
- Degree of Operating Leverage Calculator (+ Formula)
- Financial Leverage Calculator
Efficiency Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an efficiency ratio of a good or service of a business.
ER = NIE / R
- ER is the efficiency ratio
- NIE is the non-interest expenses
- R is the revenue
Efficiency Ratio Definition
An efficiency is a financial term used to describe a ratio of non-interest expenses to total revenue generated through selling of a service or good. The higher the ratio, the worse the efficiency of the product. This is because a high ratio will mean a high amount of expenses relative to the revenue.
Efficiency Ratio Example
How to calculate an efficiency ratio?
- First, determine the non-interest expenses.
Determine the non-interest expenses of the business.
- Next, determine the total revenue.
Measure the total revenue of the same business over the same time period.
- Finally, calculate the efficiency ratio.
Calculate the efficiency ratio with the equation above.
An efficiency ratio is a financial term used to describe the efficiency of a business or product. It is a simple ratio of total non-interest expenses to total revenue.