Enter the total energy of a photon into the calculator to determine the wavelength.
Energy to Wavelength Formula
The following equation can be used to convert energy into a wavelength for photons.
w = h *c / E
- Where w is the wavelength
- h is the Planck constant (6.6261*10^-34)
- c is the speed of light (299,792,458 m/s)
- E is the energy
Energy To Wavelength Definition
Energy to wavelength is defined as the conversion of the total energy contained within a photon into the wavelength.
Energy to Wavelength Example
How to calculate energy to wavelength?
- First, determine the speed of light.
This will be constant at the value of (299,792,458 m/s)
- Next, determine the plank constant.
This will be constant at (6.6261*10^-34)
- Next, determine the total energy.
Calculate the total energy of the photon.
- Finally, calculate the wavelength.
Convert the energy to wavelength using the equation above.
A wavelength is a distance a photon travels as it completes one full-wave or frequency.
The Planck constant is a universal constant of energy*time that describes energy waves.