Enter the wavelength into the calculator to determine the Energy from Wavelength.
- All Energy Calculators
- Photon Energy Calculator
- Energy to Wavelength Calculator
- Wave Speed Calculator
- Frequency To Energy Calculator
- Work to Energy Calculator
- Maximum Kinetic Energy Calculator
- Wavenumber to Energy Calculator
Energy from Wavelength Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Energy from Wavelength.
E = h*c / λ
- Where E is the Energy from Wavelength (Joules)
- λ is the wavelength (m)
- h is the Planck’s Constant (6.626176 x 10-34 joule-seconds.)
- c is the speed of light 299 792 458 m/s)
What are the units for Energy from Wavelength?
The most common units for Energy from Wavelength are Joules.
How to Calculate Energy from Wavelength?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Energy from Wavelength.
First, determine the wavelength. In this example, the wavelength is determined to be 150 (m).
Finally, calculate the Energy from Wavelength using the formula above:
E = h*c / λ
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
E = 299 792 458*6.626176 x 10^-34 / 150 = 1.3243184e-27 (Joules)