Enter the wavenumber into the calculator to determine the Energy from Wavenumber.
- All Energy Calculators
- Wavelength to Energy Calculator
- Frequency To Energy Calculator
- Wavenumber Calculator
- Quantum Energy Calculator
- Sound Energy Calculator
Energy from Wavenumber Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Energy from Wavenumber.
E = -k*h
- Where E is the Energy from Wavenumber (Joules)
- k is the wavenumber
- h is Planck’s Constant (6.62607004 * 10^-34)
How to Calculate Energy from Wavenumber?
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed in order to calculate the Energy from Wavenumber.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the wavenumber. In this example, the wavenumber is measured to be 1441.
- Finally, calculate the Energy from Wavenumber using the formula above:
E = -k*h
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
E = -6.62607004 * 10^-34*1441 = -9.54e-31 (Joules)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the needed variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are provide as:
wavenumber = 123561
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us:
E = -6.62607004 * 10^-34*123561 = 8.18 e-29 (Joules)