Enter the engine efficiency (VE), the CID, RPM, and speed into the calculator to determine the engine air intake diameter.
- Exhaust Diameter Calculator
- Supercharger RPM Calculator
- Boost to HP Calculator
- Piston Speed Calculator (mean)
- Intake Velocity Calculator
Engine Intake Diameter Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Engine Intake Diameter.
D1 = SQRT ( VE * CID * RPM * 144 * 4 / (S * 88 * 3456*pi))
- Where D1 is the engine intake diameter
- VE is the engine efficiency
- CID is the engine size
- RPM is the rotations per minute
- S is the speed (miles/hr)
What is an Engine Intake Diameter?
The engine intake diameter, also known as the inlet diameter or bore is the diameter of a cylinder at the point where the piston travels through the cylinder head into the combustion chamber.