Enter the engines RPM and cylinder size into the calculator to determine the exahust diameter.
Exhaust Diameter Formula
The following is the exhaust diameter formula:
D = SQRT ( RPM * 3.14159 * C / 88,200)
- Where D is the exhaust diameter
- RPM is the maximum rotations per minute
- C is the cylinder size
Exhaust Diameter Definition
An exhaust diameter is defined as the proper internal diameter of an exhaust pipe on a car for optimal performance and exhaust outflow.
Does exhaust diameter change sound?
An exhaust diameter does change the sound. The larger the exhaust pipe the lower the sound pitch. The smaller the exhaust pipe the higher the sound pitch.
How to calculate an exhaust pipe diameter?
- First, determine the maximum RPM of the engine. Measure the total max possible rotations per minute of the car.
- Next, determine the cylinder size. This is the cylinder size of the engine pistons.
- Finally, calculate the exhaust diameter using the formula above.
|exhaust diameter calculator|
|how to calculate exhaust diameter|
|exhaust diameter formula|
|exhaust size calculator|
|exhaust pipe size calculator|
|exhaust size calculator for turbo|
|exhaust pipe diameter calculator|
|exhaust header size calculator|
|exhaust diameter calculator chart|
|how to calculate exhaust pipe diameter|
|turbo downpipe size calculator|
|exhaust size horsepower calculator|
|generator exhaust pipe sizing|
|exhaust pipe sizing|
|diesel generator exhaust pipe sizing|
|exhaust size calculator for turbo diesel|
|calculate exhaust pipe diameter|
|diesel exhaust size calculator|
|motorcycle exhaust diameter calculator|