Enter the battery energy (kWh) and the efficiency (kWh/mile) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the EV Range.
EV Range Formula
EVR = BE / E
- EVR is the EV Range (miles)
- BE is the battery energy (kWh)
- E is the efficiency (kWh/mile)
To calculate EV Range, divide the battery energy by the vehicle efficiency.
How to Calculate EV Range?
The following steps outline how to calculate the EV Range.
- First, determine the battery energy (kWh).
- Next, determine the efficiency (kWh/mile).
- Next, gather the formula from above = EVR = BE / E.
- Finally, calculate the EV Range.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
battery energy (kWh) = 53
efficiency (kWh/mile) = 4