Enter the length and the width of the area to be covered into the calculator to determine the false ceiling area.
- Gross Floor Area Calculator
- Marble Flooring Cost Calculator
- Lean-To Cost Calculator
- Epoxy Flooring Cost Calculator
- False Ceiling (POP Ceiling) Cost Calculator
- Ceiling Height Clearance Calculator
False Ceiling Area Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the False Ceiling Area.
FCA = L * W
- Where FCA is the False Ceiling Area
- L is the length of the area (ft)
- W is the width of the area (ft)
To calculate the False Ceiling Area, multiply the length of the ceiling by the width of the ceiling. This should be the length and width of only the area that is to be made into a False Ceiling.
What is a false ceiling?
A false ceiling is a secondary ceiling that hangs below the normal ceiling creating a look of the ceiling being lower than the actual structural height.
How to calculate False Ceiling Area?
The following example outlines how to calculate False Ceiling Area.
First, determine the length of the area to be made into a false ceiling. In this example, the length is 20 ft.
Next, determine the width of the area. In this case, the width is measured to be 15 ft.
Finally, calculate the False Ceiling Area using the formula above:
FCA = L * W
FCA = 20 * 15
FCA = 300 ft^2