Enter the freezing point depression constant and the molality into the calculator to determine the freezing point of the liquid.
- Boiling Point Calculator (Water)
- Molality Calculator
- Enthalpy Calculator
- Freezing Point Depression Calculator
- Ice Melting Time Calculator
- Dry Ice Calculator
Freezing Point Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the freezing point of a liquid.
T = Kf * m
- Where T is the freezing point
- Kf is the freezing point depression constant
- m is the molality
Freezing Point Definition
A freezing point is a temperature at which a liquid transition to a solid.
Freezing Point Example
How to calculate a freezing point?
- First, determine the the freezing point depression.
Determine the constant of freezing point depression.
- Next, determine the molality.
Measure the molality.
- Finally, calculate the freezing point.
Calculate the freezing point using the formula.
A freezing point is a specific temperature at which a liquid begins to transition to a solid.
The depression constant is a measure of the energy required to keep a solution in a liquid state.
Molality is a measure of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.