Enter the freezing point depression constant and the molality into the calculator to determine the freezing point of the liquid. This calculator can also evaluate the depression constant or molality given the other variables.
- Boiling Point Calculator (Water)
- Molality Calculator
- Enthalpy Calculator
- Freezing Point Depression Calculator
- Ice Melting Time Calculator
- Dry Ice Calculator
Freezing Point Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the freezing point of a liquid.
T = Kf * m
- Where T is the freezing point
- Kf is the freezing point depression constant
- m is the molality
To calculate the freezing point, multiply the freezing point depression constant by the molality.
Freezing Point Definition
A freezing point is a temperature at which a liquid transition to a solid.
Freezing Point Example
How to calculate a freezing point?
- First, determine the the freezing point depression.
Determine the constant of freezing point depression.
- Next, determine the molality.
Measure the molality.
- Finally, calculate the freezing point.
Calculate the freezing point using the formula.
A freezing point is a specific temperature at which a liquid begins to transition to a solid.
The depression constant is a measure of the energy required to keep a solution in a liquid state.
Molality is a measure of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.