Enter the total distance traveled and the total time into the calculator to determine the gait velocity.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Average Velocity Calculator
- Constant Velocity Calculator
- Steps to Miles Calculator
- Steps Per Minute Calculator
Gait Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Gait Velocity.
GV = D / T
- Where GV is the gait velocity (ft/s)
- D is the total distance traveled during the gait (ft)
- T is the total time of walking (seconds)
What is a Gait Velocity?
A gait velocity is a measure of a person’s total rate of movement during their normal gait.
How to Calculate Gait Velocity?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Gait Velocity.
First, determine the total distance traveled during the gait. In this example, the distance is found to be 100 ft.
Next, determine the total time of walking. For this problem, the total time of walking is found to be 50 seconds.
Finally, calculate the Gait Velocity using the formula above:
GV = D / T
GV = 100/50
GV = 2 ft /s