Enter your stride length, total time, and total distance into the calculator to determine your steps per minute.
Steps Per Minute Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a steps per minute.
SPM = D / SL / T
- Where SPM is the steps per minute
- D is the total distance traveled
- SL is the average stride length
- T is the total time (minutes)
Steps Per Minute Definition
Steps per minute is defined as the total number of steps a person takes on average per minute based on their stride length.
Steps Per Minute Example
How to calculate steps per minute?
- First, determine your stride length.
Measure the average distance traveled per step.
- Next, determine the total distance travelled.
Measure the total distance travelled.
- Next, determine the total number of minutes.
Measure the total time in minutes it took to travel the distance from step 2.
- Finally, calculate the steps per minute.
Using the formula above, calculate the steps per minute.
A cadence is a measure of the total number of steps per unit time of a person that is running or walking.