Enter the total number of incidences and the total hours worked (hrs) into the Incidence Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Incidence Density.
Incidence Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Incidence Density.
ID = I / T
- Where ID is the Incidence Density (incidences/hr)
- I is the total number of incidences
- T is the total hours worked (hrs)
How to Calculate Incidence Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Incidence Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of incidences.
- The total number of incidences is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the total hours worked (hrs).
- The total hours worked (hrs) is provided as: 15000.
- Finally, calculate the Incidence Density using the equation above:
ID = I / T
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
ID = 50 / 15000 = .0033 (incidences/hr)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total number of incidences = 60
total hours worked (hrs) = 10000
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
ID = I / T = ?