Enter the total inductance and the frequency into the calculator. The calculator evaluates and displays the inductor impedance.
- Inductor Energy Storage Calculator
- Resistor Divider Calculator
- Capacitive Reactance Calculator
- Impedance Calculator
Inductor Impedance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an inductor impedance.
XL = 2 * pi * f * L
- Where XL is the inductor impedance (ohms)
- f is the frequency (Hz)
- L is the inductance (henries)
Inductor Impedance Definition
The impedance of an inductor is a measure of the inductor’s ability to resist a signal passing through it. Note that this is different from voltage. This has to do with signals and frequencies.
Inductor Impedance Example
How to calculate an inductor impedance?
- First, determine the frequency.
Measure the frequency in hertz.
- Next, determine the inductance.
Measure the inductance of the inductor.
- Finally, calculate the impedance.
Calculate the impedance of the inductor using the formula above.
An inductor impedance is a measure of an inductors ability to resist a signal passing through it.