Enter the total capacitance and frequency into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the capacitive reactance.
- Capacitor Energy Calculator
- Parallel Capacitor Calculator
- Phase Angle Calculator
- Capacitor Charge Time Calculator
Capacitive Reactance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a capacitive reactance.
Xc = 1/(2*Pi*f*C)
- Where Xc is the capacitive reactance
- f is the frequency
- C is the capacitance
Capacitive Reactance Definition
Capacitive reactance is the force of resistance to change of a voltage moving across a circuit or element. In other words the opposition to change.
Capacitive Reactance Example
How to calculate capacitive reactance.
- First, determine the frequency.
Measure the frequency of the circuit.
- Next, determine the capacitance.
Calculate the total capacitance.
- Finally, calculate the capacitive reactance.
Using the formula above, calculate the capacitive reactance.
Capacitive reactance is a measure of a circuit resistance to a change in voltage.