Enter the input voltage (volts) and the input current (volts) into the calculator to determine the Input Power.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Single Phase Power Calculator
- Output Power Calculator
- Instantaneous Power Calculator
Input Power Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Input Power.
IP = IV * II
- Where IP is the Input Power (watts)
- IV is the input voltage (volts)
- II is the input current (volts)
To calculate the input power, multiply the input voltage by the input current.
How to Calculate Input Power?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Input Power.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the input voltage (volts). In this example, the input voltage (volts) is measured to be 86.
- Next, determine the input current (volts). For this problem, the input current (volts) is calculated to be 54.
- Finally, calculate the Input Power using the formula above:
IP = IV * II
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
IP = 86 * 54 = 4644 (watts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
input voltage (volts) = 4
input current (volts) = 56
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
IP = 4 * 56 = 224 (watts)