Enter the total time of travel at light speed (s) into the Light Speed Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Light Speed Distance. This calculator can also evaluate the time if given the distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Warp Speed Calculator
- Speed of Sound Calculator
- Milliradian Distance Calculator
Light Speed Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Light Speed Distance.
LSD = LS * T
- Where LSD is the Light Speed Distance (m)
- T is the total time of travel at light speed (s)
- LS is the speed of light (299,792,458 m/s)
To calculate light speed distance, multiply the total time of light speed travel by the speed of light.
How to Calculate Light Speed Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Light Speed Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total time of travel at light speed (s).
- The total time of travel at light speed (s) is given as: 3s.
- Finally, calculate the Light Speed Distance using the equation above:
LSD = LS * T
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
LSD = 299,792,458 * 3 = 899377374 (m)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total time of travel at light speed (s) = 6
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
LSD = LS * T = ?