Enter the total row or column total and the grand total into the Marginal Frequency Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Marginal Frequency.
- All Frequency Calculators
- Sampling Frequency Calculator
- Class Frequency Calculator
- ICC (Intraclass Correlation) Calculator
Marginal Frequency Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Marginal Frequency.
MF = RT / GT
- MF is the Marginal Frequency ( )
- RT is the total row or column total
- GT is the grand total
To calculate the marginal frequency, divide the total row or column total by the grand total.
How to Calculate Marginal Frequency?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Marginal Frequency.
- First, determine the total row or column total.
- Next, determine the grand total.
- Next, gather the formula from above = MF = RT / GT.
- Finally, calculate the Marginal Frequency.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total row or column total = 3
grand total = 10
MF = RT / GT = ?