Enter the total number of atoms and the average atomic mass into the calculator to determine the mass of the atoms.
- Atoms to Grams Calculator
- Moles to Atoms Calculator
- ML to Moles Calculator
- Average Atomic Mass Calculator
Mass of Atoms Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the mass of atoms.
M = a * am
- Where M is the mass in grams
- a is the total number of atoms
- am is the average atomic mass (Amu’s)
Mass of Atoms Definition
A mass of atoms is defined as the total mass of a group of 1 or more atoms.
Mass of Atoms Example
How to calculate mass of atoms?
- First, determine the number of atoms.
This can typically be calculated from the number of moles of a substance.
- Next, determine the average atomic mass.
Calculate the average atomic mass using the calculator linked above.
- Finally, calculate the mass.
Calculate the mass using the equation above.
The mass of 1 atoms is determined by the number of protons and neutrons contained in the atom.