Enter the void volume and the total volume into the Porosity Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Porosity.
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Porosity.
P = Vv / Vt
- P is the Porosity (void:total)
- Vv is the void volume
- Vt is the total volume
To calculate the porosity, divide the void volume by the total volume.
How to Calculate Porosity?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Porosity.
- First, determine the void volume.
- Next, determine the total volume.
- Next, gather the formula from above = P = Vv / Vt.
- Finally, calculate the Porosity.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
void volume = 30
total volume = 100
P = Vv / Vt = ?