Enter the coordinate points of to 3 different points into the calculator to reflect them over the x-axis.
- Polar Coordinates Calculator
- Rotation Calculator (new coordinates by rotation)
- Perpendicular Bisector Calculator
Reflect Over X-Axis Formula
The following formula is used to reflect a coordinate point about the x-axis.
(X2,Y2) = (X1,Y1) * (1,-1)
- Where X2 and Y2 are the new reflected coordinates
- X1 and Y1 are the original coordinate points
Reflect Over X-Axis Definition
Reflection over the x-axis is the process of producing a coordinate point that is mirrored across the x-axis of the coordinate plane. That is it has the same X coordinate and opposite y4 coordinate.
Reflect over X-Axis Example
How to reflect over the x-axis?
- First, determine the original coordinate points.
For this example we will say the coordinate points are (4,5).
- Next, calculate the new coordinate points.
Using the formula above we calculate the new reflected points as (4,5)*(1,-1) = (4,-5).
Any point reflected across the x-axis will have the same x value and the opposite y value as the original point.