Enter the base number raised to the exponent and the final value into the Reverse Exponent Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Exponent.
- All Reverse Calculators
- Multiplying Exponent Calculator
- Negative Exponent Calculator
- Fraction Exponent Calculator
Reverse Exponent Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Reverse Exponent.
y = logb(x)
- Where y is the Reverse Exponent ( )
- b is the base number raised to the exponent
- x is the final value
How to Calculate Reverse Exponent?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Reverse Exponent.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the base number raised to the exponent.
- The base number raised to the exponent is given as: 10.
- Next, determine the final value.
- The final value is provided as: 500.
- Finally, calculate the Reverse Exponent using the equation above:
y = logb(x)
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
y = log10(500) = 2.6989
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
base number raised to the exponent = 6
final value = 1400
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
y = logb(x) = ?