Enter the stress range, the material constant K, and the material constant m into the SN Curve Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the SN Curve.
SN Curve Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the SN Curve.
N = K * S^m
- N is the SN Curve (number of cycles to failure)
- S is the stress range
- K is the material constant K
- m is the material constant m
To calculate the SN curve, raise the stress range to the power of the material constant m, then multiply by the material constant K.
How to Calculate SN Curve?
The following steps outline how to calculate the SN Curve.
- First, determine the stress range.
- Next, determine the material constant K.
- Next, determine the material constant m.
- Next, gather the formula from above = N = K * S^-m.
- Finally, calculate the SN Curve.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
stress range = 400
material constant K = 3
material constant m = .25
N = K * S^-m = ?