Enter the stress range, the material constant K, and the material constant m into the SN Curve Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the SN Curve.
SN Curve Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the SN Curve.
N = K * S^-m
- N is the SN Curve (number of cycles to failure)
- S is the stress range
- K is the material constant K
- m is the material constant m
How to Calculate SN Curve?
The following steps outline how to calculate the SN Curve.
- First, determine the stress range.
- Next, determine the material constant K.
- Next, determine the material constant m.
- Next, gather the formula from above = N = K * S^-m.
- Finally, calculate the SN Curve.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
stress range = 400
material constant K = 3
material constant m = .25
N = K * S^-m = ?