Enter the sampling period (seconds) into the Sampling Frequency Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Sampling Frequency.
- All Frequency Calculators
- Sampling Rate Calculator
- Sampling Error Calculator
- Frequency Factor Calculator
Sampling Frequency Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Sampling Frequency.
fs = 1/Ts
- fs is the Sampling Frequency (hz)
- Ts is the sampling period (seconds)
How to Calculate Sampling Frequency?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Sampling Frequency.
- First, determine the sampling period (seconds).
- Next, gather the formula from above = fs = 1/Ts.
- Finally, calculate the Sampling Frequency.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
sampling period (seconds) = 30
fs = 1/Ts = ?