Enter the total number of samples and the total amount of time (s) into the Sampling Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Sampling Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Sampling Error Calculator
- Self Correction Ratio Calculator
- Transfer Rate Calculator
Sampling Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Sampling Rate.
SMR = S / T
- Where SMR is the Sampling Rate (samples/second)
- S is the total number of samples
- T is the total amount of time (s)
To calculate sampling rate, divide the total number of samples by the total amount of time.
How to Calculate Sampling Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Sampling Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of samples.
- The total number of samples is given as: 43.
- Next, determine the total amount of time (s).
- The total amount of time (s) is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Sampling Rate using the equation above:
SMR = #S / T
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
SMR = 43 / 10 = 4.3 (samples/second)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total number of samples = 50
total amount of time (s) = 5
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
SMR = #S / T = ?