Enter the numerator and denominator of any number into the calculator. The calculator will simplify the fraction and display the lowest common integers.
- Negative Fraction Calculator
- Fraction Exponent Calculator
- Rounding Calculator
- Fraction To Decimal Calculator
- Fraction Addition Calculator
Simplifying Fraction Formula
The following formula can be used to simplify any fraction.
X/Y -> Simplified to A/B
A/B= X/(GCD(x,y)) / Y/(GCD(x,y)
- Where A/B is the simplified fraction
- X/Y is the original fraction
- GCD(x,y) is the greatest common denominator between x and y
Simplify Fraction Definition
Simplifying a fraction is defined as reducing a fraction to the lowest equivalent fraction that can be displayed as whole numbers.
Simplify Fraction Example
How to simplify a fraction
- First, determine the GCD (x,y)
Determine the greatest common denominator between x and y. This is the greatest number that both numbers can be divided by and both yield a whole integer.
- Divide X and Y by the GCD
Divide both x and y by their greatest common denominator.
- Solve for the simplified fraction
Put the simplified fraction of A/B together from the values calculated in step 2.
A simplified fraction is the fraction who’s numerator and denominator were both divided by their greatest common denominator.