Enter the thermal voltage, the depletion layer capacitance, and the gate-oxide capacitance into the Subthreshold Swing Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Subthreshold Swing.
- Parallel Wire Capacitance Calculator
- Coax Cable Calculator (Impedance-Inductance-Capacitance)
- Velocity Factor Calculator
Subthreshold Swing Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Subthreshold Swing.
Ss = ln(10) * kt/q * (1 + Cd/Cox)
- Ss is the Subthreshold Swing ( )
- kt/q is the thermal voltage
- Cd is the depletion layer capacitance
- Cox is the gate-oxide capacitance
How to Calculate Subthreshold Swing?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Subthreshold Swing.
- First, determine the thermal voltage.
- Next, determine the depletion layer capacitance.
- Next, determine the gate-oxide capacitance.
- Next, gather the formula from above = Ss = ln(10) * kt/q * (1 + Cd/Cox).
- Finally, calculate the Subthreshold Swing.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
thermal voltage = 30
depletion layer capacitance = 14
gate-oxide capacitance = 30
Ss = ln(10) * kt/q * (1 + Cd/Cox) = ?