Enter the actual torque applied to the nut, the normal length of the wrench, and the extended length to calculator the torque setting of the wrench.
- All Torque Calculators
- Torque to Force Calculator
- NM to ft-lbs torque conversion calculator
- Torque Calculator
- Wrench Torque Calculator
- Screw Torque Calculator
Torque Wrench Extension Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the torque setting of an extended wrench.
T1 = T2 * (L1/L2)
- Where T1 is the torque setting of the wrench
- T2 is the torque applied to the nut
- L1 is the normal length
- L2 is the extended length
Torque Wrench Extension Definition
A torque wrench extension is defined as a wrench that has been extended past its normal length to achieve greater torques.
Torque Wrench Extension Example
How to calculate the torque setting on a wrench extension?
- First, determine the torque applied to the nut.
Calculate the total torque applied to the nut. This would be the force times the extended length.
- Next, determine the normal length.
Measure the original length of the wrench.
- Next, determine the extended length.
Measure the extended length of the wrench.
- Finally, calculate the torque setting.
Calculate the torque setting of the extended wrench using the formula above.
A torque wrench extension is the extension of increase in length of a torque wrench that is done in order to achieve higher torques.