Enter the average number of employees over the past 12 months and the number of employees that have leftover that same time period. The calculator will evaluate the turnover rate of your company.
- Overtime Calculator
- Hourly Pay Calculator
- Unpaid Work Calculator
- Churn Rate Calculator
- Employment Rate Calculator
- Annualized Turnover Calculator
- Adverse Impact Calculator
Turnover Rate Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate the turnover rate of a company.
TR% = # L / # AVE *100
- Where TR% is the turnover rate
- # AVE is the average number of employees of the last 12 months (or other time period)
- # L is the number of employees leaving over the same time period
Turnover Rate Definition
A turnover rate is defined as the ratio of employees that leave a company to the number of total employees over a given time period.
Turnover Rate Example
How to calculate turnover rate
- First, determine the average employee count.
Determine the average number of employees the company had over a certain time period, for example, 6 or 12 months.
- Next, determine the number of employees that have left.
This should be counted over the same time period as step 1.
- Calculate the turnover rate
Calculate the turnover rate using the information from steps 1-2 and the equation above.
Turnover rate is the rate at which people leave a company after being employed with said company.
Through positive working environments and good benefits, companies can retain employees for longer.