Enter the change in velocity and the time into the calculator to determine the Velocity to Acceleration.
- All Acceleration Calculators
- Acceleration to Velocity Calculator
- Constant Acceleration Calculator
- Average Acceleration Calculator
- Newtons to Acceleration Calculator
- Speed to Acceleration Calculator
- Work to Acceleration Calculator
Velocity to Acceleration Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Velocity to Acceleration.
A = dV / dt
- Where A is the Velocity to Acceleration (m/s^2)
- dV is the change in velocity (m/s)
- dt is the time (s)
To calculate acceleration from velocity, divide the change in velocity by the change in time.
What are the units for Velocity to Acceleration?
In the International System of Units, also known as SI units, the units for Velocity to Acceleration are m/s^2.
How to Convert Velocity to Acceleration?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Velocity to Acceleration.
First, determine the change in velocity. In this example, the change in velocity is calculated or measured to be 50 (m/s).
Next, determine the time. For this problem, the time is determined to be 2 (s).
Finally, calculate the Velocity to Acceleration using the formula above:
A = dV / dt
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
A = 50 / 2 = 25 (m/s^2)