Enter the amount of whiskey (oz), the bottle proof, and the desired proof into the Whiskey Dilution Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Whiskey Dilution.
- Reverse Dilution Calculator
- Liquid Dilution Ratio Calculator
- Dilution Factor Calculator (Dilutant to Stock Ratio)
Whiskey Dilution Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Whiskey Dilution.
WD = (W * (BP / DP – 1))
- WD is the Whiskey Dilution (amount of water to add (oz))
- W is the amount of whiskey (oz)
- BP is the bottle proof
- DP is the desired proof
How to Calculate Whiskey Dilution?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Whiskey Dilution.
- First, determine the amount of whiskey (oz).
- Next, determine the bottle proof.
- Next, determine the desired proof.
- Next, gather the formula from above = WD = (W * (BP / DP – 1)).
- Finally, calculate the Whiskey Dilution.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
amount of whiskey (oz) = 30
bottle proof = 80
desired proof = 40
WD = (W * (BP / DP – 1)) = ?