Enter an initial value, and growth rate percent, and total time into the calculator below to determine the total exponential growth at the given time.
Exponential Growth Formula
The following formula is used by the calculator above to determine the exponential growth of a value.
x(t) = x0 × (1 + r) t
- Where x(t) is the final value after time t
- x0 is the initial value
- r is the rate of growth in percent
- and t is the total time
Exponential Growth Example
The following example is a step by step guide on determining the total value of a number after some time of exponential growth.
- First, we must determine the initial value. For this example we will assume we are looking at an investment going through exponential growth through interest. Let’s assume a value of $1,000.00.
- The next step is the determine the growth rate r, this would be the interest per time step, so lets assume interest per month. It will be 10%.
- The final step is to determine the total time that has passed. We will say 2 years or 24 months.
- Lastly, enter the information into the formula above to determine your answer.