Enter the volt-amps (VA) and the total voltage (volts) into the calculator to determine the 3 Phase Current.
- All Electrical Calculators
- va to Voltage Calculator
- Phase to Ground Voltage Calculator
- Total Current Calculator
- Air Conditioner Current Calculator
- Motor Current Calculator
- Line Current Calculator
- Line to Phase Current Calculator
3 Phase Current Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the 3 Phase Current.
I3 = VA/ V
- Where I3 is the 3 Phase Current (amps)
- VA is the volt-amps (VA)
- V is the total voltage (volts)
How to Calculate 3 Phase Current?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the 3 Phase Current.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the volt-amps (VA). In this example, the volt-amps (VA) is measured to be 45.
- Next, determine the total voltage (volts). For this problem, the total voltage (volts) is calculated to be 5.
- Finally, calculate the 3 Phase Current using the formula above:
I3 = VA/ V
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
I3 = 45/ 5 = 9 (amps)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
volt-amps (VA) = 75
total voltage (volts) = 6
Entering these values into the formula above gives :
I3 = 75/ 6 = 12.5 (amps)