Enter the melting temperature of the primer and the melting temperature of the product to determine the optimal annealing temperature.
- Boiling Point Calculator (Water)
- Board Foot Calculator
- Specific Humidity Calculator
- Freezing Point Calculator
Annealing Temperature Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the optimal annealing temperature of a PCR
AT = (.3 * Tm primer ) + ( .7 * Tm product) – 14.9
- Where AT is the optimal annealing temperature
- Tm primer is the melting point of the primer
- Tm product is the melting point of the product.
Annealing Temperature Definition
An annealing temperature is an optimal temperature that it required in order to anneal a primer and product.
Let’s take a look at an example of how to calculate the annealing temperature.
- First, we must determine the melting temperature of the primer. For this example we will assume the temperature is 50 C.
- Next, we must determine the melting temperature of the product. For this example we will assume that is 75C.
- Finally, we can calculate the annealing temperature using the formula above and we yield as results of an optimal temperature of 52.60 C.
An annealing temperature is the optimal temperature for a primer and product to anneal and bond.