Enter the number of bits into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Bit Resolution.
- Energy Per Bit Calculator
- Symbol Rate Calculator
- Throughput to IOPS Calculator
- Mbps Calculator (MB/s to Mbps Conversion)
Bit Resolution Formula
BS = 2^n
- BS is the Bit Resolution (steps)
- n is the number of bits
To calculate Bit Resolution, raise 2 to the power of the number of bits.
How to Calculate Bit Resolution?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Bit Resolution.
- First, determine the number of bits.
- Next, gather the formula from above = BS = 2^n.
- Finally, calculate the Bit Resolution.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
number of bits = 13