Enter the total number of tasks completed, and the total number of tasks of the project into the calculator to determine the completion percentage.
- Completion Rate Calculator
- Schedule Variance Calculator
- Scaling (Curving) Grades Calculator
- Earned Value Calculator
Completion Percentage Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a completion percentage.
C% = TC/TT * 100
- Where C% is the completion percentage
- TC is the total tasks completed
- TT is the total number of tasks for the entire project
Completion Percentage Definition
What is a completion percentage? A completion percentage is a term most often used in project management to describe the percentage of tasks completed on a given project. This can also be used in cases like school projects or single assignment completion rates.
How to calculate a completion percentage?
- First, determine the total number of tasks.
Count up or calculate the total tasks required to complete a project. For this example, there are 100 total tasks.
- Next, determine the number current completed.
For this problem, 25 tasks have been complete thus far.
- Finally, calculate the completion percentage.
Using the formula, the completion percentage is calculated to be: 25/100 * 100 = 25%.
What is a good completion percentage? A good completion percentage depends on the initial schedule outlined at the start of a project. For example, if the initial timeline says that 25% of the tasks of a project should be completed by a certain date, but only 10% have, then the project is very behind schedule.