Enter the total cost and the total number of views into the calculator to determine the cost per view and cost per 1000 views.
- Cost Per Mille (CPM) Calculator
- Cost Per Engagement (CPE) Calculator
- CPT (Cost Per Thousand) Calculator
- Engagement Rate Calculator
- Marketing Budget Calculator
- eCPM Calculator
- Gross to Net Media Advertising Calculator
- Cost Per Click Calculator
- Cost Per Acquisition Calculator
- Cost Per Visit Calculator
Cost Per View Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a cost per view.
CPV = TC / TV
- Where CPV is the total cost per view ($/view)
- TC is the total cost ($)
- TV is the total number of views
To convert this value into a cost per 1000 views, multiply the results by 1000. This is known as the CPTV (cost-per-thousand-views).
What is a cost per view?
Cost per view, or commonly thought of as cost per one thousand views, is a term used in advertising to describe the cost it takes for an ad campaign (typically in video format) to show one view to an audience.
The reason this is commonly thought of as cost per thousand views is that the cost for just one view is very minimal.
How to calculate cost per view?
The following example outlines the steps needed to calculate the cost per view of a video advertising campaign.
First, determine the total cost of the ad campaign as it relates to video-only. For this example problem, the total cost of the campaign was $5,000.00.
Next, determine the total number of views reached on the campaign. In this case, the total number of views was 40,000.
Finally, calculate the cost per view and CPTV using the formula above:
CPV = TC / TV
CPV = 5000 / 4000
CPV = 1.25$ / view = $1,250 per 1000 views