Enter the total cost of the marketing campaign and the number of visits generated into the calculator to determine the cost per visit.
- Cost Per Click Calculator
- Cost Per Point Calculator
- Cost Per Impression Calculator
- Cost Per Acquisition Calculator
- Cost Per Reach Calculator
- Cost Per Action Calculator
- Cost Per Result Calculator
- Cost Per User Calculator
Cost Per Visit Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Cost Per Visit.
CPV = MC / #V
- Where CPV is the cost per visit ($/visit)
- MC is the total marketing cost ($)
- #V is the number of visits generated
To calculate the cost per visit, divide the total cost of the marketing campaign by the total number of visits generated.
What is Cost Per Visit?
Cost per visit, or CPV for short, is a measure of the monetary costs it takes a business to generate one visit, typically to a website, but in some cases to a physical store.
Sometimes marketing teams like to look at the cost per visit of other metrics like cost per impression because getting people to visit the store or website is the ultimate goal, not getting an impression.
How to Calculate Cost Per Visit?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Cost Per Visit.
First, determine the total marketing cost. In this case, the marketing cost is found to be $600.00.
Next, determine the total number of website visits generated. For this example, the number of visits was 20.
Finally, calculate the cost per visit using the formula above:
CPV = MC / #V
CPV = $600.00 / 20
CPV = $30.00 / visit