Enter the total cost of the item and the number of times it’s worn into the calculator to determine the cost per wear.
- Wedding Cost Per Person Calculator
- Utilities Cost Per Month Calculator
- Average Groceries Cost Per Month Calculator
- Cost Per Stamp Calculator
- Cost Per Load Calculator
- Cost Per Use Calculator
- Cost Per Diaper Calculator
Cost Per Wear Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Cost Per Wear.
CW = IC / W
- Where CW is the cost per wear ($/wear)
- IC is the cost of the item ($)
- W is the number of times the item is worn
To calculate the cost per wear, simply divide the item cost by the number of times the item gets worn over it’s lifetime.
What is Cost Per Wear?
Cost per wear is a term used in clothing to describe the cost of an item for every time it is worn. In other words, the more times an item is worn, the lower the cost per wear is going to be.
How to Calculate Cost Per Wear?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Cost Per Wear.
First, determine the item cost. In this example, the item is a jacket, and it costs $150.00.
Next, determine the number of times the item will be worn over it’s lifetime. This jacket will be worn 400 times over it’s lifetime.
Finally, calculate the cost per wear using the formula above:
CW = IC / #W
CW = 150 / 400
CW = $0.375 / wear