Enter the total number of clicks and the total number of conversions into the calculator to determine the conversion rate.
- Website/Ad Conversion Rate Calculator
- Earned Media Value Calculator
- Click-Through Rate (CTR) Calculator
- VTR (View-Through Rate) Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate the conversion rate.
CVR = CV / CL *100
- Where CVR is the conversion rate (%)
- CL is the total number of clicks
- CV is the total number of conversions
To calculate a conversion rate, divide the total number of conversions by the total number of clicks or visits, then multiply by 100.
What is CVR?
CVR, which stands for conversion rate, is a metric most often used in advertising to describe the ratio or percentage of clicks or actions that result in a “conversion”.
A conversion in this case could be anything from a sale, newsletter signup, or subscription start.
It’s important to keep in mind that when calculating CVR, only include conversions directly tied to clicks.
How to calculate CVR?
- First, determine the total number of clicks the campaign receives.
For this example, we are looking at an ad campaign ran for an online business that sells computers. The business runs a campaign for 1 week and receives 1000 clicks.
- Next, determine the total number of conversions.
Of those 1000 clicks, 20 of them landed in a sale which would be considered a conversion in this case.
- Finally, calculate the CVR.
Using the formula above, the CVR is calculated to be:
CVR = CV / CL * 100
CVR = 20 / 1000 * 100
CVR = 2%