Enter the max die roll (sum of all dice) and the number of dice into the calculator to determine the average dice roll value.
- Dice Probability Calculator
- Coin Flip Probability Calculator
- Post Test Probability Calculator
- Empirical Probability Calculator
Dice Average Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the average value of a set of dice.
AV = ( (M + 1 )/ 2 ) * N
- Where AV is the average dice value
- M is the max value of all dice
- N is the total number of die
Dice Average Definition
A dice average is defined as the total average value of the rolling of dice. That is the average of the values facing upwards when rolling dice.
Dice Average Example
Let’s look at a simple example of how to use the equation above.
- First, we need to determine the max value of 1 dice. For this example will assume standard dice so the max value is 6.
- Next, we need to determine the number of dice. Simply count them up. For this, we will say 10 dice.
- Finally, enter the information into the formula above. We get the results (6+1/2)*6 = 21 average roll value.
A dice average is the total average value of a rolled set of dice.