Enter the wafer diameter and the die size into the calculator to determine the die per wafer.
Die Per Wafer Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the die per wafer.
DFW = d * pi * ( 4/(4*S) – 1/SQRT (2*S) )
- Where DFW is the die per wafer
- d is the diameter of the wafer
- S is the die size (square)
Die Per Wafer Definition
A die per wafer is defined as the number of dies per wafer area of a die-cut part usually square silicon pieces.
Die Per Wafer Example
How to calculate die per wafer?
- First, determine the diameter of the wafer.
Calculate the wafer diameter.
- Next, determine the die size (square area)
Calculate the size of the die.
- Finally, calculate the die per wafer.
Use the formula above to calculate the die per wafer.
A die per wafer is defined as the total number of dies produced from one wafer of punched material.