Enter the frequency or the electrical supply and the inductance of the system to determine the inductive reactance.
- Capacitive Reactance Calculator
- Mutual Inductance Calculator
- Inductor Impedance Calculator
- KVAR Calculator
- X/R Ratio Calculator
Inductive Reactance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an inductive reactance.
XL = 2*pi*f*L
- Where XL is the inductive reactance (ohms)
- f is the frequency of the electrical supply (hertz)
- L is the inductance (henries)
Inductive Reactance Definition
Inductive reactance is defined as the reactance that arises from the inductance of an inductor.
Inductive Reactance Example
How to calculate inductive reactance?
- First, determine the frequency.
Measure the frequency of the electrical current moving through the system.
- Next, determine the inductance.
Measure or calculate the total inductance of the system.
- Finally, calculate the inductive reactance.
Using the formula along with the frequency and inductance, calculate the inductive reactance.
Inductive reactance is a measure of the resistance of a system to changing in a current flow.