Enter the temperature of the outside air, temperature of the return air, and the percentage of each by volume into the calculator to determine the mixed air temperature.
Mixed Air Temperature Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate a mixed air temperature.
Tm = To * %OA + Tr * $RA
- Where Tm is the mixed temperature
- To is the outside air temperature
- Tr is the return air temperature
- %OA is the percentage of outside air by volume
- %RA is the percentage of return air by volume
Mixed Air Temperature Definition
Mixed air temperature is defined as the temperature of two different temperature bodies of air after they have reach equilibrium.
Mixed Air Temperature Example
How to calculate mixed air?
- First, determine the temperature of the outside and return air.
Measure the temperatures of the two different volumes of air in the system.
- Next, determine the percentage of volume of the first air.
Determine the total percentage of volume of the outside air.
- Next, determine the percentage of volume of the second air.
Determine the total percentage of the volume of the return air.
- Finally, calculate the mixed air temperature.
Use the equation above to calculate the mixed air temperature.
A mixed air temperature is the expected temperature of the combination of two different bodies of air after they have combined and reached equilibrium.
|mixed air temperature calculator|
|mixed air temperature formula|
|how to calculate mixed air temperature|
|mixed air temperature|
|mixed air temp calculator|
|mixed air temperature hvac|
|mixed air temperature equation|