Enter the temperature of the air mass into the calculator to determine the enthalpy of that air mass.
- Enthalpy of Water Calculator
- Steam Saturation Temperature Calculator
- Freezing Point Calculator
- Air Density Calculator
Air Enthalpy Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the enthalpy of air.
E = 1.007 X T – .026
- Where E is the enthalpy (KJ/kg)
- T is the temperature (C)
Air Enthalpy Definition
What is air enthalpy? The enthalpy of air is defined as the total energy per unit of mass of an isolated area of air at a constant temperature.
How to calculate air enthalpy?
- First, determine the temperature of the air.
For this example, the air mass has a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius.
- Next, determine the enthalpy.
Using the formula above, calculate the enthalpy. E = 1.007 * 60 – .026 = 60.42 KJ/kg.
- Finally, convert into the necessary units.
For this problem, we want to convert to J/kg, so we need to multiply the result by 1000. 60.42 KJ/kg * 1000 = 60,420 J/kg.
About Air Enthalpy
Is the enthalpy of moist and dry air the same? The enthalpy between dry air and moist air will be different because moist air also contains water in its mixture.