Enter the average atomic mass of the substance and the mass of the isotope into the calculate to determine the percent abundance.
- Average Atomic Mass Calculator
- Mass Molarity Calculator
- Molarity Calculator
- Moisture Content Calculator
Percent Abundance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the percent abundance of an isotope.
A = IM/AM*100
- Where A is the percent abundance
- AM is the average atomic mass
- IM is the mass of the isotope
Percent Abundance Definition
A percent abundance is the ratio of the amount of mass of an isotope to the total mass of a substance.
Percent Abundance Example
How to calculate a percent abundance?
- First, determine the average atomic mass.
Determine the average atomic mass of the substance.
- Next, determine the mass of the isotope.
Calculate the the mass of the isotope.
- Finally, calculate the percent abundance.
Calculate the percent abundance using the formula above.
A percent abundance is a ratio of the amount of mass of a given isotope to the overall mass of the substance or element.