Enter the total number of pushups, your weight, and the style of push up into the calculator to determine the calories burned from push ups.
- Push Up Weight Calculator
- Steps to Calories Calculator
- Jump Rope Calories Calculator
- Weight Loss Percentage Calculator
- METS (Metabolic Equivalent) Calculator
- Strength Training Calories Calculator
Push Up Calories Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the number of calories burned from doing pushups.
C = NP*WF*SF
- Where C is the number of calories
- NP is the number of pushups performed
- WF is the weight factor (heavy people burn more)
- SF is the style factor (modified pushups burn less)
To calculate the calories burned from pushups, multiply the number of pushups by the weight factor, then multiply again by the style factor.
Push Up Calories Definition
Push-up calories are defined as the total number of calories your body burns when doing the activity of a pushup.
Push-ups, on average, burn around .32 calories. This means if you did 10 push-ups, you would burn 3.2 total calories. If you were to perform 25 pushups instead, this would burn approximately 8 calories. Below are some other common pushup quantities and calories burned.
- 5 pushups = 1.6 calories
- 15 pushups = 4.8 calories
- 50 pushups = 16 calories
- 100 pushups = 32 calories
- 200 pushups = 64 calories
Push Up Calories Example
How to calculate push up calories burned?
- First, determine the number of pushups you did.
Measure the total number of pushups.
- Next, determine your weight.
Enter an accurate measure of your weight.
- Next, determine the style of pushup.
Determine whether you did a standard pushup or modified pushup.
- Finally, calculate the calories burned.
Enter the information into the calculator above to determine the number of calories burned.
A pushup typically burns anywhere from .29 calories to .36 calories depending on the type of pushup performed and your weight.