Enter your height, weight, and age into the calculator to determine your resting energy expenditure (REE).
- BMR Calculator
- Weight Loss Calculator
- Weight Loss Percentage Calculator
- Weight Loss Time Calculator
- AMR (Active Metabolic Rate) Calculator
- Calories to Energy (Joules) Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate a resting energy expenditure (REE):
REE = RDEE = 66.47 + 13.75 * (W) + 5* (H) – 6.76 * (A)
REE = RDEE = 65.51 + 9.65 * (W) + 1.84 *(H) – 4.68 (A)
- Where REE is resting energy expenditure (kcal)
- W is weight (kg)
- H is height (cm)
- A is age (years)
REE stands for resting energy expenditure. It is a measure of the total energy required for a person’s body to function while resting and doing no activities. This term is sometimes referred to as BMR.
REE is also sometimes referred to as RDEE which stands for resting daily energy expenditure.
How to calculate REE?
- First, determine your height.
For this example, the person is measured to be 182.88 cm.
- Next, determine your weight.
This person’s weight is measured to be 70kg.
- Next, determine your age.
The person in this example is 20 years old.
- Finally, calculate the REE.
Using the formula above, the resting energy expenditure is found to be:
REE = 66.47 + 13.75 * (W) + 5* (H) – 6.76 * (A)
REE = 66.47 + 13.75 * (70) + 5* (182.88) – 6.76 * (20)
REE = 1808.17 kcal.