Enter the total production time available and total required units of production to calculate the takt time.
- Labor Productivity Calculator
- Capacity Utilization Calculator
- Total Manufacturing Cost Calculator
- Cycle Time Calculator
- Throughput Time Calculator
- Slack Time Calculator
Takt Time Formula
The following formula is used to calculate takt time.
T = AT / U
- Where T is the takt time (time/unit)
- AT the total available time
- U is the total required units of production
To calculate the takt time, divide the total available time by the total required units of production.
Takt Time Definition
A takt time is defined as the ratio of total available time and the total required units of production.
Takt Time Example
How to calculate takt time?
- First, determine the total units of demand.
Determine how many units of demand per week a facility needs to produce. For this example, we will say the customers require 1,000 per week.
- Next, determine the total available time.
Measure how many hours of production time the facility has per week to meet the demand. For this example, we will say 40 hours.
- Finally, calculate the takt time.
Calculate the takt time using the formula above. T = 1,000/40 = 25 units/hr.
Takt time is a measure of the total amount of time per unit of production a facility has in order to meet customer demands.